The switch is a multi-port network device based on Ethernet for data transmission. Each port can be connected to a host or network node. The main function is to forward the data to the destination host or network node according to the hardware address in the received data frame. The switch is equivalent to a special computer, which is composed of hardware and software, including central processing unit, storage medium, interface circuit and operating system.
The global exchange scale is 30.7 billion US dollars
In 2021, the global Ethernet switch market size will be US$30.7 billion, a year-on-year increase of 9.7%. From the perspective of application scenarios, the scale of non-data center switches reached US$17.6 billion, +10.5% year-on-year, and the scale of data center switches reached US$13.1 billion, +85% year-on-year.
The global switch pattern is relatively stable
Cisco maintained its absolute share advantage, Huawei ranked second, and Arista and H3C led the growth rate. In 2021, the switch revenue and global share of leading manufacturers are as follows:
China’s exchange scale is 5.3 billion US dollars
In 2021, the scale of China’s switch market will be US$5.3 billion (accounting for about 1/6 of the global scale), a year-on-year increase of 17.5%, an increase of 5.2pct from the year-on-year growth rate in 2020. At present, my country’s switch market is mainly occupied by two manufacturers, Huawei and Xinhua, with a combined market share of more than 70%.
Industrial switches are more suitable for industrial environments
Industrial switches are also called industrial Ethernet switches, that is, Ethernet switch devices used in the field of industrial control. Due to the adopted network standards, they have good openness, wide application and low price, and use a transparent and unified TCP/IP protocol. , Ethernet has become the main communication standard in the field of industrial control. In an industrial application environment,
The conditions are more harsh, and there are high requirements for the real-time communication, reliability, stability, security and environmental adaptability of the switch, so the industrial switch has become a necessary choice.
1. Components The selection of industrial Ethernet switch components has higher requirements, and it must be able to better adapt to the needs of industrial production sites.
2. Mechanical environment Industrial Ethernet switches can better adapt to harsh mechanical environments, including vibration resistance, impact resistance, corrosion resistance, dustproof, waterproof, etc.
3. Climatic environment Industrial Ethernet switches can better adapt to poor climatic environments, including temperature and humidity.
4. Electromagnetic environment Industrial Ethernet switches have a strong ability to resist electromagnetic interference.
5. Working voltage Industrial Ethernet switches have a wide working voltage range, while ordinary switches have higher voltage requirements.
6. Power supply design Ordinary switches basically have a single power supply, while industrial switch power supplies generally have dual power supplies for mutual backup.
7. Installation methods Industrial Ethernet switches can be installed in DIN rails, racks, etc. Ordinary switches are generally racks and desktops.
8. Heat dissipation method Industrial Ethernet switches generally adopt fanless casing for heat dissipation, while ordinary switches use fans for heat dissipation.
At present, domestic industrial Ethernet switches are mainly used in electric power, transportation, metallurgy and other industries, among which electric power is the largest application industry, followed by transportation industry. A large number of industrial Ethernet switches are used in power generation, transmission/transformation in the power industry; applications in the transportation field include subways, railways, and highways; metallurgical industries are mainly used at the MES level, etc. With the vigorous development of industrial automation, there will be more and more demands on industrial Ethernet switches. At the same time, there will be more diversified demands on the functions of industrial switches.
Post time: Feb-25-2023